With summer coming I thought I'd share this graphic about ways to question your child when they are reading. Everything on this are things that we have done in 2nd grade, so it will be familiar to them. I will make a paper copy of this and send home with some other ideas of things to do this summer. I can't stress enough how important it is to avoid the "summer slide" which typically happens when kids don't do any reading, writing, or math in the summer months! They will be so much more prepared for 3rd grade if they are held accountable for a little bit of "school" each day!
ABC Countdown for this week:
- Monday, May 15th- Q, Quiet Day. Take time out of your day to do a quiet activity, such as yoga.
- Tuesday, May 16th- R, Relay Races. Enjoy some races with your class, or another class.
- Wednesday, May 17th- S, School Spirit Day. Wear blue and gold!
- Thursday, May 18th- T, Teacher Day! It’s all about the teachers! Say thank you to a teacher and dress like them too!
- Friday, May 19th- U, Unusual Day. Read a book in an UNUSUAL spot.
Spelling List for this week:
Move Up Day
On Tuesday, May 23 students will have a chance to spend some time in their 3rd grade classroom. It's great way to give them a chance to meet their teacher and help prepare them for the next step in their education!
Dates on Deck:
Tuesday, May 16 2nd grade field trip to Barnes and Noble and Brucemore
Wednesday, May 17 1:00 dismiss
Tuesday, May 23 Move Up Day
Wednesday, May 24 Talent Show 1:00
Friday, May 26 Last Day of School - 1:00 dismiss