End of Year Countdown Days for next week:
- Monday, May 1st- G, Green Day. Wear as much green as possible!
- Tuesday, May 2nd- H, Hat Day. Wear a hat to school.
- Wednesday, May 3rd- I, Island Day. Sorry, no swimming suits, or flip flops! Sandals that wrap around the heel are acceptable.
- Thursday, May 4th- J, Jumping Day. Jump rope, jumping jacks, the classroom can decide.
- Friday, May 5th- K, Kindness Day. Be kind to everyone! Make a point to be friendly to someone you might not know that well.
Kids will need sack lunches on May 5 and May 16 to eat on our field trips.
End of Year Testing
In the next few weeks I will be assessing kids to see how far they've come in reading, math, and writing. A note about our reading assessment came home yesterday. After assessments are complete, I will meet individually with each student to discuss their growth and areas of concern. Their test results will come home with their report cards, as well as some ideas of things that can be done this summer to help them maintain the gains they've made this year.
We've been working on telling time on an analog clock. Take a look at the math work that comes home to see how they're doing and quiz them on face clocks in your house to see if they are understanding this important skill! Next week we will begin Geometry of solid figures, then we'll do a little bit of Measurement before the school year ends.
Dates on Deck
Wednesday, May 3 1:00 dismiss
Friday, May 5 Breakfast Buddies (7:30) & Rodger's Park field trip (sack lunch needed)
Tuesday, May 16 Barnes and Noble, Brucemore field trip (sack lunch needed)
Wednesday, May 17 1:00 dismiss
Tuesday, May 23 Move Up Day
Wednesday, May 24 Talent Show
Friday, May 26 1:00 Dismiss - Last Day of School